- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth or stock
- 3 pieces chayote, peeled, seed removed, and sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons ginger, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fish sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- When the oil becomes hot, sauté the ginger, garlic and onion
- Once the onion is soft, put-in the chopped chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth. Let boil and then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the chayote wedges. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the hot pepper and/or malunggay leaves.
- Add the ground black pepper and fish sauce. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!